LENSAR laser system
The LENSAR® Laser System is the only femtosecond cataract laser built specifically for refractive cataract surgery. Because it was designed from the ground up, every aspect of the laser has been purposefully designed to meet the needs of cataract surgeons.
- Think Efficiency: Automated features and thoughtful ergonomics allow for seamless integration without added time, for maximum surgical efficiency
- Think Patient Safety: Superior imaging using Augmented Reality™ provides a sophisticated 3-D reconstruction of the relevant anterior segment, allowing for precise laser delivery and the surgical confidence for accurate corneal incisions, free-floating capsulotomies, and efficient lens fragmentation for all grades
- Think Energy Reduction: By combining superior imaging of the anterior segment, precise laser placement, and efficient lenticular fragmentation, the LENSAR Laser allows for a reduction in phaco time and up to 100% reduction in phaco energy1
Think Connected: LENSAR’s latest upgrade allows for complete connectivity of pre-op diagnostics with the laser procedure, cataract removal, and post-op diagnostics, resulting in the ability to optimize patient outcomes
Think Patient Safety With Superior Imaging Using Augmented Reality
The LENSAR® Laser System’s superior imaging system collects an unprecedented spectrum of biometric data and then reconstructs a sophisticated 3-D model of the true anatomy of each individual patient’s eye using proprietary Augmented Reality™ technology. Because you’ll see exactly where the relevant anatomy is in the eye for all grades of white or brunescent cataracts, laser pulses can be precisely placed, so you can be confident in your treatment design and execution.
Key features of LENSAR’s imaging system
- Rotating camera takes captures of 2 different angles at up to 8 different positions around the optical axis for a total of 16 potential images
- Augmented Reality uses the biometric data and optical ray-tracing technology to build a 3-D model of each individual patient’s eye
- Variable-rate scanning ensures optimal contrast to capture all ocular structures within the anterior segment
- An enhanced depth of field of ocular structures and superluminescent diode (SLD) illumination helps to generate an in-focus image from the anterior cornea to the posterior lens capsule
- Auto-surface detection identifies the anterior and posterior surfaces for both the cornea and lens capsule
- Accurate, high resolution image accurately measures and provides clear visualization of the lens anatomy for all densities of nuclei
Using biometric data measured in the x-, y-, and z-axes, unique lens tilt detection and compensation determines and corrects for even the smallest amount of lens tilt from the optical axis
Intelligent Lens Tilt Detection
LENSAR’s superior imaging system brilliantly collects biometric data including anterior and posterior corneal curvature radius, corneal thickness, anterior chamber depth, anterior and posterior lens curvature radius, and lens thickness from multiple angles. By collecting this data at multiple angles and in the x-, y, and z-axes, LENSAR® has the unique ability to determine lens tilt from the optical axis. This is a distinct surgical advantage, as this is something no other femtosecond cataract system can do.
Lens tilt compensation contributes to free-floating and perfect capsulotomies for more consistent ELP
Think Efficiency With Flexible Procedure Planning
The LENSAR® Laser System was designed with your efficiency in mind, so you can seamlessly integrate the system into your existing surgical regimen without increasing procedure time. This is achieved through a series of automated features and thoughtful ergonomics.
Software-generated procedure plans
Customizable surgeon preferences
Surgeon preferences can be adjusted as needed for unparalleled control. Additionally, the surgeon has the option to center the anterior capsulotomy over the optical axis of the crystalline lens or over the pupil center in an attempt to maximize effective lens positioning (ELP) — another unique LENSAR feature. Since most of the parameters are pre-loaded into the software based on your surgical preferences, treatment can begin soon after imaging, with very little additional input required.
Automated laser configuration
To save additional time, the LENSAR Laser can also be pre-programmed for:
- Laser height
- Surgeon-to-patient orientation (either temporal or superior)
Request for more information
Feel free to request for a call back if you are interested in any of our listed products. Our friendly advisers are more than happy to answer any queries that you may have!